End Times Practical Spiritual Warfare Part 3
Lust of the Eyes
New Page 1
End times spiritual warfare and the Lust of the Eyes.
New End Times Practical Spiritual Warfare Part 3 explains about our three key enemies in spiritual warfare - the world, the flesh and Satan and his demons.
The eyes have to do with seeing and wanting to have what one sees. Again, there is nothing wrong with desiring what we see. Seeing and desiring are both normal. It becomes wrong when two things happen:
- When we see and desire what is directly forbidden by God. We must be ready at all times during these last days to do spiritual warfare in our minds.
- When we see and desire something in order to consume it upon our lusts and to indulge ourself in excess. Here again the spiritual warfare is in our mind.
What are the sins of the eyes? Scripture says the following:
Notice again that in these last days the lusts are becoming more intense in the general population. The spiritual warfare first takes place in the mind and it is a battle of fighting one's own desires.
- There is the lust of the eyes for sex.(Matthew 5:28), (Romans 1:26-28), (2 Peter 2:14),(Job 31:1).
- There is the lust of the eyes after all kinds of evil. (Matthew 6:23).
- There is the lust of the eyes after the things of other people. (Psalm 10:8), (Luke 12:15).
- There is the lust of the eyes after all the pleasures and possessions of the world. (Eccles. 2:10).
- There is the lust of the eyes after wine, drugs, and alcoholic drinks. (Proverbs 23:29-31).
- There is the lust of the eyes after other gods. (Leviticus 26:1).
We see things and we want them. For those who are older remember the time in just the fairly recent past during the 1930’s, 1940’s, and 1950’s when the expectations for having “things” was totally different.
During those years and before when we wanted something it was expected that a person would work hard and put off the satisfaction of having the thing until it could be afforded.
Delayed self-gratification has become a thing of the past for the most part and our society has become a credit society so that we can have what we see and want right now. This is a subtle working of Satan as we have moved closer into the last days.
Be assured that the lust of the eyes will intensify and create more havoc in our land as the end times draws closer and closer.
In addition to the sins of the eyes listed above notice the similarity with major list of sins in part 5 of this series.
Return FROM End Times Spiritual Warfare Part 3 TO Site Map
GO TO End Times Spiritual Warfare Information
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 1 - What is Spiritual Warfare?
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 2 - Lust of the Flesh
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 4 - Pride of Life
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 5 - Sins of World, Flesh and Satan
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 6 - Warfare with the World
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 7 - Satan's Position Since the Cross
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 8 - Myths About Deliverance