End Times Practical Spiritual Warfare Part 4
The Pride of Life
New Page 2
End times spiritual warfare and the Pride of Life Part 4.
New End Times Practical Spiritual Warfare Part 4 explains about our three key enemies in spiritual warfare - the world, the flesh and Satan and his demons.
This article is the 4th in a series. See the bottom of this page for links to the others in the series.
The Pride of Life is at least two things.
1. The pride of life means self-centeredness, a person who is focused upon himself and wants people to notice him. Satan and his demons will use the world and other people for tempting us. The pride of life is a person whose mind and thoughts are primarily upon himself, a person who...
· seeks attention through dress or looks
· seeks attention through rank or wealth
· seeks honor
· seeks recognition
· seeks fame
· seeks power
· seeks position
· seeks luxury
· seeks wealth for recognition and power
· seeks to outshine others
· seeks importance
2. The pride of life also means self-sufficiency, a person ...
· A person who is focused upon himself and feels completely capable of handling life himself.
· who feels that self-image, public image, ego and personal strength are the basis of life;
· who feels little if any need for God.
· who feels he can plow through life himself and conquer whatever problems and circumstances confront him.
· who feels that this world is an end within itself, that there is probably nothing beyond this life;
· who feels he is to get all the comfort, pleasure, luxury, honor, and glory that he can while here
· that is arrogant
· that is conceited
· that is boastful
· that feels better than others because of rank or wealth
· that feels superior to others in looks and ability
What are the sins of the pride of life? Scripture says the following:
· There is the pride of self-sufficiency. (Rev. 3:17), (Proverbs 27:1).
· There is the pride of wealth. (Psalm 10:3), (Psalm 39:6), (Ezekiel 28:5).
· There is the pride of position. (1 Tim. 3:6), (3 John 9), (Genesis 3:5), (Ezekiel 28:11-13).
· There is the pride of power. (Leviticus 26:19).
· There is the pride of intelligence and knowledge. (1 Cor. 8:2).
· There is the pride of being better and superior. (Romans 2:19), (Proverbs 25:14).
· There is the pride of conceit. (Romans 12:16), (Proverbs 26:12).
· There is the pride of self-glory. (Psalm 36:2).
· There is the pride of self-righteousness. (Luke 18:11), (Romans 10:3), (Job 33:9).
In addition to the sins of the Pride of Life listed above be sure to check out the many sins related to these in Part 5 of this series.
Return FROM End Times Spiritual Warfare Part 4 TO Site Map
GO TO End Times Spiritual Warfare Information
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 1 - What is Spiritual Warfare?
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 2 - Lust of the Flesh
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 3 - Lust of the Eyes
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 5 - Sins of World, Flesh and Satan
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 6 - Warfare with the World
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 7 - Satan's Position Since the Cross
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 8 - Myths About Deliverance