End Times Practical Spiritual Warfare Part 6
Warfare With The World
New Page 1
What is End Times Spiritual Warfare and the World?
The man who calls himself a Christian but loves the world is called in 1 John 2:15-16, a man who makes a false profession. We will call him a Professing Worldly Man. A professing worldly man is a man who declares one thing but does not walk his talk or sincerely follow Christ, in short, the hypocrite.
Satan and his demons use the world for enticing and tempting the professing Christian to compromise with the world. The professing worldly man is loosing the spiritual warfare battle.
Also in 1 John 2: 15-16 the obedient man is the man who does what God says to the very best of his ability.
The professing man loves the world. Even though he would never admit it, he loves the world more than he loves God. Scripture pronounces the terrible truth: "the love of the Father is not in [them]." Any person who loves the world does not love the Father. In the end times there will be more and more professing men – hypocrites if you will.
Three things happen to believers that cause them to return to the world and to love the world while still calling themselves Christians; they turn from an obedient man to a professing worldly man.
- Some begin to enjoy nature and the beauty of the earth so much that they no longer worship regularly. They forsake the worship of God and the study of His Word in order to be out in nature (cp. fishing, golfing, hiking, camping, and other forms of recreation out in nature).
- Some become so involved in man's government and social organizations that they become more attached and faithful to them than they do to God and His church and its mission of salvation.
- Some become so hungry for the world and its things that they begin to return to its pleasures and possessions.
NOTE that the professing worldly man is not of God; he is of the world and he is not doing well in the spiritual warfare fight with Satan and his demons. As we progress further into the end times this battle becomes more intense.
To be of God means:
- To be spiritually born of God.
- to be born again;
- to be made into a new creature;
- To be recreated into a new man;
- To have the divine seed and nature of God implanted into one's heart and life.
- For all the above to happen means we have received a renewed inner man – often called the “heart”. God renews our inner man, which is our spirit so that we can commune with Him.
But note: the professing worldly man is of the world, not of God.
- He has been born of the flesh, not of God (John 3:3, 5).
- He is still the old creature of the earth, not the new creature of God (2 Cor. 5:17).
- He is still the old man of the earth, not the new man of God (Ephes. 4:24; Col. 3:10).
- He has only the corruptible and dying nature of man, not the incorruptible and eternal nature of God (1 Peter 1:23; 2 Peter 1:4).
NOTE also, there is the obedient man. The man who does the will of God abides forever. He knows something: the world shall pass away. It is important to know this, for it means that the lusts of the world will pass away as well.
The obedient man resists Satan and his demons, he controls the urges of his flesh, he refuses to compromise his beliefs and faith with the world and he is vigilant of the end times spiritual warfare he is called to in resisting Satan and his demons.
The obedient man has learned that in the end times the important spiritual warfare takes place in his mind and it is warring for his relationship to, and obedience of, Jesus Christ.
- The world and its lusts pass away when he dies. Every man leaves behind the world and all he has secured. He loses the entire world he has accumulated and enjoyed. He will not be able to take a single pleasure or possession with him when he leaves the world. Imagine! He cannot take a single thing. The world will have passed away from him; time will be no more—not for him, not for his pleasures or possessions.
- The world and its lusts will pass away at the end of the world, at the end times. The world is to be destroyed by fire and God will create a new heaven and a new earth where only righteousness will dwell.
- Knowing all this is the reason the wise man turns away from the world and turns to God. He wants God and the life God offers, the life that is both abundant and eternal. Therefore, he seeks after the will of God, to do what God commands so that he may live with God forever.
Whether it is with the professing worldly man or with the obedient man there will always be spiritual warfare with the world now and in the end times and it will increase and become more intense in the end times.
- The world tempts you to seek its approval.
- The world tempts you to conform to its standards of ethics.
- The world tempts you to accept its philosophy.
- The world tempts you to gain its wealth.
- The world tempts you to seek its power.
- The world tempts you to question God's Word.
- The world tempts you to be intellectually ashamed of Christ.
- The world tempts you to regard trusting God as foolishness.
Return FROM End Times Spiritual Warfare Part 6 TO Site Map
Return FROM End Times Spiritual Warfare Part 6 TO Spiritual Warfare Information
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 1 - What is Spiritual Warfare?
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 2 - Lust of the Flesh
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 3 - Lust of the Eyes
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 4 - Pride of Life
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 5 - Sins of World, Flesh and Satan
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 7 - Satan's Position Since the Cross
GO TO Spiritual Warfare Part 8 - Myths About Deliverance